We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It can make or break your hunger pangs for the next 24 hours – which is particularly important if you’re looking to maintain or lose weight. Apart from providing us with the fuel we need for our brains to function optimally, breakfast foods can be good sources of important nutrients such as calcium, iron and B vitamins as well as protein and fibre.
Research shows that if these essential nutrients are missed at breakfast, they are less likely to be compensated for later in the day. Try these delicious options to raise your energy levels for all those KFIT classes and keep your metabolism in check!
smHow to make a Supergreen Smoothie Bowl
Dairy Free | Gluten Free | Vegan | Vegetarian | Raw | High Protein
Want a nourishing breakfast in under 5 minutes? This one takes the same time as pouring milk on top of your coco pops, and is around 1 million times better for you*. Add to a blender, and turn ‘ON’…you can do that right?! Have this when you’re feeling under the weather to replenish vitamins and minerals, or just gobble because it will make you feel awesome, and tastes kinda like banana milkshake.
- 1 tsp greens powder
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup macadamia milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- optional: scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 tsp maca powder
- homemade granola
- slices of banana
1. Blend together the milk, frozen banana, spinach and greens powder, along with optional protein and maca (if using), until smooth.
2. Pour into a bowl and top with granola, banana and cinnamon.