Nutrition Workouts

What to Eat Before and After a Workout

happyfresh-logo

Blog post powered by HappyFresh

Have you ever wondered why some people have a hard time transforming their bodies although they visit the gym regularly? You may think that they’re not working out enough. But that’s not the case! The truth is that exercise effects only about 20% of your body transformation. The other 80% is determined by your diet.

That’s right, if you’re trying to reshape your body, nutrition plays a huge role: You are what you eat! Overeating and not eating quality foods are a real deal-breaker when it comes to reaching your target weight. This is especially true for the meals you are having shortly before and after your workout routines.

We’ve picked six foods that you should add to your pre- and post-workout diet to boost your workout results.

Pre-workout meals
These low-GI carbs will get you through longer workouts by providing you with an energy-hit

Wholegrain bread – A source of carbohydrates
Oats – Packed with fiber
Bananas – Full of potassium which helps to maintain muscle and nerve function

Post-workout meals
Similarly, after an intense workout you have to make sure to reward yourself. Choose a balanced diet that contains proteins, carbohydrates and essential nutrients that you depleted in your workout.

Grilled chicken/baked fish – helps to avoid muscle breakdown
Broccoli – Replenishes nutrients
Valencia orange – Gives you a dose of vitamin C

KL KFitters:

In order to ensure you only get the highest quality products available for your pre and post workout diet, KFIT has partnered up with HappyFresh. HappyFresh is a newly launched app that lets you shop all your fresh and healthy groceries and delivers them to your doorstep in just one hour! If you key in the special KFIT code HAPPYandFIT, you will even get RM20 off your first order and one month of free delivery. Click here to download the app and try it for yourself.

 

Write a comment